Blackbook Executive support the principle of responsible and transparent handling of personal and career information.
Blackbook Executive is committed to providing quality services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information.
We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The NPPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. Examples of Personal Information we collect includes names, addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers.
Information Blackbook Executive Collects
Blackbook Executive will only collect and hold personal information that is reasonably necessary for the proper performance of our activities or functions as a recruitment firm.
The type of personal information that Blackbook Executive collects and holds includes:
- General contact and identification details (e.g. name, address, email address and phone number, residency information, visa details)
- Education experience and qualifications
- Work balance preferences and objectives
- Current and past employment details
- Expertise and experience history
- Current and expected salary ranges
- Assessment results
- References / referee details
- Any other information contained in your CV (if submitted)
- Any information that individuals choose to give us via online forms or by email for example (sign up to job alerts, submit CV by email or through our website, submit a time sheet via the website, online enquiry through our website or ask to be on an email list.)
- In some circumstances Blackbook Executive may collect other information provided by you.
How We Collect Information
This Personal Information is obtained in many ways including interviews, correspondence, by telephone, by email, via our website www.blackbookexecutive.com.au, from your website, from media and publications, from other publicly available sources, from cookies and from third parties. We don’t guarantee website links or policy of authorised third parties.
We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you, providing information to our clients and marketing. We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time by contacting us in writing.
When we collect Personal Information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
Blackbook Executive will collect your personal information directly from you when you fill out and submit an application or form, when you attend a face-to-face interview in our offices or participate in a skype or telephone interview. There may be other occasions when Blackbook Executive collects your personal information from other sources such as referees, from information providers or from a publicly maintained record.
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
Sensitive information will be used by us only:
- For the primary purpose for which it was obtained
- For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose
- With your consent; or where required or authorised by law.
Information that Blackbook Executive collect, hold and disclose about you will typically be used for the following:
- Any relevant process in assisting you with work placement
- Answering your enquiries
- Keeping you informed of new developments that are of interest to you
- Marketing purposes
- Any request by a legal or regulatory body
- Blackbook Executive Pty Ltd may also seek your consent to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for any other purpose not listed.
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
Disclosure Of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including the following:
- Third parties where you consent to the use or disclosure; and
- Where required or authorised by law.
Security Of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
Access To Your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing.
Blackbook Executive will not charge any fee for your access request, but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information.
In order to protect your Personal Information we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Maintaining The Quality Of Your Personal Information
It is an important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
This Policy may change from time to time and is updated on our website.
Blackbook Executive Privacy Officer
Level 4, 650 Chapel Street, South Yarra VIC 3141
+61 (0)3 9823 7400